Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Balancing act

It's funny...I can't juggle. Have you tried? I have friends who do it professionally, and I have never been able to.
I can rub my tummy and pat my head (or is it rub my head and pat my tummy? or is that good luck to pat my tummy? I do have the body of a god, unfortunately it's Buddha!) And I can
"try to tickle the human ears by the friction of a horse's tail on the entrails of a cat"
as Ambrose Bierce says by playing the violin.

But I do juggle alot of activities, or I suppose these days you'd call it multi-tasking.

I've been spending time with my violin. I've taken breaks before from playing (insert string player joke here, hahahaha) but there is something very satisfying about getting into shape. I should also do the same health wise. A whole other can of worms there.

And so I'm trying to figure out some sort of order. I could just watch old episodes of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. However, these are some of the tasks I'm trying to organize: (unfortunately in no particular order!)
transcribe composer interviews
learn violin part to Lark Ascending
design new personal webpage (John Clare, not classicallyhip)
iron clothes
fix recliner
listen to new music (panufnik, r panufnik, too many others to list!!!)
read deems taylor bio, 2 deems taylor books, guarneri 4tet book [i'm borrowing from a friend], pc magazines (why, oh why did I subscribe?!)
solidify all travel plans and make reservations
write ema awards speech
write dt award speech
fix bicycle
get several suits dry cleaned
organize closet and dresser
unpack music and set up music room


That's all of the top of my head. And good to write down. Ah, thank you blog!
Any suggestions?

No comments: