Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunday update

Quick post from the ING Cafe in Philadelphia...awesome concert last night at the Kimmel Center in their "Fresh Ink" series with violinist Jennifer Koh. The world premiere of Jennifer Higdon's String Poetic was just one of the highlights. Koh is a wonderful artist, and if she plays in your neck of the woods, go hear her. She plays her Strad with grace and taste, and more often than not, it's a modern work. :)
Audiences in Philly still amaze me with their bad manners; needless to say, I have my "SHHHHHHH! Please be quiet" sign in my suitcoat pocket for this evening's concert of the Curtis (or "Girdle" - ask me about it) Orchestra with Hilary Hahn.

Great brunch this morning at Rouge, include dark chocolate ship pancakes, coffee and sage sausage. I was tempted by the open faced scrapple sandwich - maybe another time.

No comments: