Monday, November 14, 2005

Manhattan views

So I couldn't get over the 8 story ad for AeonFlux with Charlize Theron...it was on the side of Madison Square Garden as I left the train.
Also notable, the amazing weather, ads for some bank (seen along side the stops on the train trip) with orchestra musicians (not so great an ad that I got the business name but I did notice the cello players!), the "open faced" lasagna at Cafe Fiorello (since the Ligeti concert I rushed to Columbia to see was sold out!), and the six inch tall cheesecake (complete with strawberries, whipped cream and chocolate sauce) also at Cafe Fiorello.
The best was catching up with a friend I hadn't seen in five years, although we'd talked and emailed, it was like no time had gone by.
Also, the weekend started off with a world premiere performance of a Nocturne by Dick Strawser, the Music Director at WITF. While it was a noisy room, it went well, and is a well crafted piece - I'll put it on my recital in the spring. Also very fun that morning to play Bach with the News Director and oboist Scott Gilbert.

No comments: