Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Interviews

Had a chance to talk with the music director of the Harrisburg Symphony, Stuart Malina today...it will air in September. I always enjoy talking with musicians. And having heard Stuart play chamber music, I'm looking forward to seeing him conduct. By all accounts, the Hbg Symphony is a good regional orchestra and I will definitely catch their first concert.
It makes me think about not only sharing classical music, like I do every day on air, but discussing it. I've missed getting a chance to talk with friends about music, so it's nice to make new acquaintances...not that I don't stay in touch with friends, but there is a local element...makes it more immediate. I'll always discuss musical matters with previous friends, colleagues and teachers, miles away. But there is something about being connected in your community, musically.

No comments: