Sunday, September 25, 2005

Bar lines

Lovely concert last night with the Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra. Wonderful audience reaction for Chris Theofanidis' Rainbow Body, and the composer was present. The orchestra played it well and also shone in the Symphonie Fantastique by Hector Berlioz. In between pianist Stewart Goodyear played a charming Gershwin Concerto in F. The star of the evening was no doubt Stuart Malina, the energetic conductor who was not flashy but delivered a nice program. Kudos!
Afterwards I opted to not drink with the orchestra, but went back to the place I went Friday after the Concertante concert...and ran into some coworkers - a great time! I think Vegas changed me a bit with bar scenes...perhaps confidence and a healthy happy life take part in that too, but I'm certainly looking forward to hanging out more, and if the flirting/smiles/dancing stays the same, who knows, I may not even have as much time to blog!
More to report in the future, I'm sure.

No comments: