Friday, May 19, 2006

What I'm doing over my summer

You know those writing assignments you used to do as a kid of "What I did over the Summer?"
Well, here's a tribute to that old assignment, but of the upcoming summer, that you'll no doubt read about here:

Coming up on Sunday afternoon, May 28th at 2pm Paul Zavinsky, Sue Baldwin-Way’s son Zach, Pete Aufiero and myself are playing at ArtsFest in Harrisburg.

Also, the details have been finalized for my discussion, "More Zart! Celebrating Mozart & Shostakovich" at the Simpson Public Library in
Mechanicsburg. It’s Wednesday evening, June 28th at 7pm. (Open to the public)

It also serves as a “prelude” for my Gretna Music talk Sunday, July 9th at 6:30pm for pianist Anna Polonsky (performing at 7:30pm) who is playing Mozart, Shostakovich, Schumann and Mendelssohn. (free with a ticket for that evening’s performance)

Finally, Saturday July 22nd I’m inducted into Phi Beta, a professional co-ed fraternity for persons in the creative and performing arts, and playing a premiere of my “Seven Deadly Cindys” for solo violin, at their luncheon that day in Cleveland, OH. That evening I’ll join in a program accompanying a mezzo soprano in Bach’s “Erbarme dich” from the St. Matthew Passion for their awards ceremony.

No comments: