Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Monday Happy Halloween

Hope your weekend was lovely...it certainly was in Central PA.
I saw two movies this weekend, Wallace & Gromit's Curse of the WereRabbit - quite cute and on the high level that they usually are. I also saw the new Legend of Zorro movie (and am still in love with Catherine Zeta Jones!) - and have to say what a great suprise and great casting choice of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Governor of California...it was almost believable! hahahahaha
I also gave a talk on Russian Music at the Fredricksen Library in Camp Hill, PA. It was originally scheduled for the 6th of November, but due to some unfortunate circumstances, they asked me to move up a week. While it was more intense to prepare, it went quite well. I'll be posting information that I shared on ClassicallyHip dot com - as well as my next talk (about Stravinsky and Shostakovich) there as well! It was pretty cool that at least 50 folks were there...especially since it was such a pretty day outside yesterday!
Today is filled with getting ready to go to Kansas - I should be back Saturday or Sunday...

Thought I'd share some images from this last September that just arrived...it was mentioned in a previous post about MtGretna - charming folks and good music - in fact I'll be giving a preconcert talk for their winter series on December 2nd with the American Brass Quintet - keep an eye out here for more information.
Anyway, we (WITF) helped celebrate their (Music at Gretna) 30th anniversary and myself, Dr. Dick Strawser and Cary Burkett (my classical onair colleagues at WITF) were part of an intermission quiz...here's the photos (click on the photo for an enlargement.)






I'll not probably post for a bit while I'm away, but will be back a.s.a.p.!

No comments: