Derek tagged "musicians" who read his blog, so here goes...
1. What inspired you to play your instrument?
See number three, it was the sound of hearing Perlman playing that made me want to play violin.
2. What was your first instrument?
A Sears and Roebuck student model from Senseney Music. Basically a box with strings.
3. Were you inspired by any particular musician?
Something out of Muller-Rucsh book I...other memorable solos include the Russian Fantasia #1 in a minor by Leo Portnoff and Accolay's Concerto.
5. Do you remember your first gig?
Hehehe, it was for the officer's club at McConnell Air Force Base with a string quartet. We played Dvorak, Mozart, Bach and the Beatles.
6. What was your most memorable performance?
There are many. One of the most moving was playing viola in Brahms' German Requiem. Most recently a pop gig at Harrisburg's ArtsFest was especially memorable and fun. Paul Zavinsky and friends were spot on for a full 50 minutes, ending with "Can't You See?"
7. What advice do you have for someone who wants to begin playing your chosen instrument?
Practice. Have Fun.