Sunday, January 21, 2007

Interviews and entertainment

From Philly to York, I was all over Pennsylvania, talking with some of my favorites on Saturday.
I started in the morning at the Kimmel Center, talking with maestro Gerard Schwarz, the director of the Seattle Symphony, who is in Philadelphia conducting the Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia. [You might be interested in hearing part of my interview with the last guest conductor of the COoP, JoAnn Falletta here.]
It was a real joy to catch some of the rehearsal and see Schwarz work with the musicians. I had previously interviewed him for 20/20 Hearing over the phone, but it was great to make the connection.

Look for the interview audio soon.


I then went to York in the afternoon, to record some custom spots with Paula Poundstone. (Hear my original phone interview for ArtBeat here.) She was a hoot, and signed my copy of her new book. I'll post a few of the outtakes here soon.


It was great catching her act last night at the Strand Capitol, and hearing from WITF listeners how much they enjoy her on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.

No comments: