Sunday, January 27, 2008

Jung and the restless

It's been a nice weekend in NYC, with good times and good friends. Recently Stu proposed to Julia, and they met up with me Friday night for dinner at Mozart Cafe and then crashed at my place in Manhattan. It was cool to figure out the couch, which opens for a hideabed.
{seen left Stu and Julia reading on the A Train}
[seen right, Julia and Stu on the upper west side after brunch]

After some morning tea, donuts and NY News, we began again from "upstate Manhattan." First up, brunch at Le Pan Quotidien with bread, goodies and fun characters all around. Then we met up with Julia's college roommate, Michelle -seen left with Julia searching for wedding items online - who works on a soap opera.

Stu and I walked for a bit while the gals talked wedding, and we all ended up meeting at WNYC, since Stu had some work to do. We looked around the station at its current digs, and look forward to seeing the new place! On to dinner at Excellent Dumpling, and we were off to our separate plans, as I had a ticket to the NY Philharmonic, while back in Harrisburg, my friend and co-worker Dick Strawser was filling in for me at a pre-concert talk for Concertante.
[view from the men's room at WNYC]

Sunday morning, brunch at Max Brenner's was fun, complete with sweets, caffeine and good conversation. Chocolate, crepes and salad were seen on the plates (myself and Michelle pictured right)
Now I'm catching up on laundry, blogging and napping before a Carnegie Hall concert (more on that soon!) and they're off looking at Staten Island.
I'll be back in the city Wednesday for the Elliott Carter complete string quartets! h00t.

No comments: