Friday, January 04, 2008

Cold and busy

Great Thursday here in Manhattan, filled with music and friends.

I started out having lunch with radio folks, Stu and Lauren (with me right). While Lauren and I know each other's work, we had never met. It was a fun time had by all at Max Brenner's around Union Square!

Then my car was almost towed, due to a vandalized sign I had not seen. doh. Craziness and coldness ensued, but I have my car, and it is parked legally. whew.

Next was an interview (my first for 2008, huzzah!) with Alex Shapiro (seen left with a single malt), another charming friend whose music and writing I have known but never met, at the Westin Times Square. Nice combo of chat, laughter, scotch and music. On the way out, we ran into another radio dude, Sylvester Vivic who runs PT. Nice to see him.


Finally off to hang with my friend Elinor (right), who is preparing for auditions. I heard her Elgar concerto, and music from Verdi and Mozart.


Turns out her friend/collaboriting pianist Chris (left with Eli in Elgar) lives a block from where I am staying so I gave him a ride home.



Fun, exciting, tiring day all in all. Off to a similar one today, but hopefully not quite as chilly!

No comments: