Friday, September 22, 2006

All the news

that's fit to read. My NY Times daily subscription started today, woohoo. It's the Washington edition, which seems to be cool.
I grew up reading papers, in fact I have really good memories of reading the paper and drinking coffee with my grandfather. Then it the Mexico Ledger in central Missouri. Then in Kansas it was the Wichita Eagle. When I moved to Harrisburg last year I ended up taking a six month subscription for the Patriot News but just wasn't impressed. There were some good local angles now and then, but more often than not I just did the crossword puzzle and off to the recycling bin.
Now that I've moved to the new apartment, I've changed addresses with my magazines I read (EveryDay with Rachael Ray, The New Yorker, and FHM) and decided I should go ahead and get the times at home. I don't always agree with the reviews and sometimes wonder what they are promoting in certain features, but it will be nice company on my mornings.
Of course I listen to NPR for news and browse quite a bit online. I'm a fan of Robin & Company on CNN Headline News. And I receive the email alerts from the Chicago Tribune.

How do you get your news and what do you read?

No comments: