Wednesday, March 19, 2008

You’ve never really lived

Derek Hale has started a list, and it's a good one...here's my contribution off the top of my head:

A list of things that would cause me to say, “I had never really lived until I ________________.” Here is what I came up with.

I had never really lived until I:


Saw the Grand Canyon.
Arrived late to a wedding and fell for Andie MacDowell, saw her at another wedding, went to her wedding, went to a friend’s funeral and then left my wedding for her – oh wait, that was not me, but Hugh Grant in Four Weddings and a Funeral, sorry!
Took a chance for love.
Heard Penderecki's Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima (live!).
Saw a tornado pass by.
Stood up for what I thought was right no matter what.
Taught a student to enjoy music.
Gave time to spend with others who needed friendship and company who were alone.
Watched the sunrise with a loved one.
Conducted an orchestra.
Heard the applause of an adoring audience after a musical performance.
Made loved outside under the stars.
Went backstage at Carnegie Hall to congratulate a friend after a performance.
Smoked a Cuban cigar.

Anyone else care to chime in?

No comments: