Sunday, November 12, 2006

5 Things about the York Symphony

I was the emcee for "From Russia with Love" Saturday with the York Symphony Orchestra.

1. The concert was well attended and the audience quite friendly.

2. Leonid Kuzmin played a wonderful Rachmaninoff Second Concerto and his encore, Liszt's transcription of Schubert's Serenade was spot on.

3. Robert Hart Baker switched the movements of Tchaikovsky's Sixth Symphony - making the third movement march the finale movement - different to say the least.

4. All the violinists were very friendly to me, it was great making some connections with fellow fiddlers!

5. I met a radio board member I didn't know, and met Dominick Argento's brother, who really appreciated the Composing Thoughts show I did with him.


I'll definitely be back to the Strand Capitol Theater, to see Paula Poundstone and then the YSO again when they premiere Chris Whittaker's new work. You should catch it too!

No comments: