Saturday, August 12, 2006

The nature of things

So I've been practicing violin all morning - scales and Vivaldi's Summer from the Four Seasons. I've had two cigars and a pot of coffee with a good breakfast of oatmeal. I'll do some grocery shopping later today, and probably should do some laundry/ironing.
But I wanted to share something that has happened now a few times while practicing out back on the porch: either bees and bugs fly around while playing the Vivaldi, or this morning a bluejay and then a cardinal have stopped by to harmonize with me and the concerto. I absolutely loved the cardinal singing along with the Cuckoo and the Goldfinch. It was really something.
Ah, inspiration - life imitating art, art imitating life.
It's a good morning.
Just chatted with a friend in Las Vegas who will be here in two weeks, and got a call from my folks who are doing quite well. My mom, who suffered a stroke a few years ago has been writing letters to me - I was so happy to get them - and I've now asked to write lots more. In fact, I've thought about blogging them for her - kinda dorky but oh so inspiring - for me at least. Hey, she's my mom.
Okay, back to a few more scales and then lunch - toodles!

No comments: