Thursday, August 17, 2006

Catchin' up

It's been a very busy week. Monday afternoon I caught some young composers at the PA Academy of Music in Lancaster - their concert is tomorrow at noon. You can hear my interviews with them and read more about it here on the Composing Thoughts blog.

Tuesday I spoke with Milton Babbitt (pictured here on the left) at Princeton in the morning, then I went to Manhattan and interviewed conductor and composer Jose Serebrier (pictured here on the right). Oh, and I wound up meeting a friend for steaks and drinks in the meat packing district and then heading over to our favorite Irish pub in the village. I took the 3am train to Philly and the 5am train back to Harrisburg.

You can hear a portion of the Serebrier interview on the Composing Thoughts blog here. Both Babbitt and Serebrier will be featured on future Composing Thoughts episodes on WITF.
[pictures by audio guru Casey Houtz]

No comments: