Saturday, September 08, 2007

Czech it out

I had a wonderful morning in Ithaca! It began with an interview with the legendary Karel Husa.
We had breakfast and then discussed composition, conducting and creativity for Composing Thoughts.

Afterwards while still in Ithaca I met a friend who came to visit briefly - I've known her for 25 years, since junior high! She is now a professor at the Eastman School of Music. I've been trying to figure out the last time I saw Ann Marie - but its been awhile. She was fabulous and we enjoyed a great lunch at Moosewood. It was really sweet - hard not to gush about the food, but the company was even better.

Now I'm at Cornerstone Coffeehouse in Harrisburg, before a gig with Paul Zavinsky and friends. On the road, I got a call our mandolin player could make it, yeay!

No comments: