Thursday, March 22, 2007

Mid Week

It's been a very busy week, and I haven't written any updates in a while, so my apologies. Here's what I have been up to while NOT blogging.
Tuesday afternoon and evening I was back in NYC, for the presentation of the Stoeger Prize at the Chamber Music of Lincoln Center. See some more pictures from the event, and hear an interview with the winner, Pierre Jalbert, from that afternoon, here.

After the presentation and reception, I went to the New York premiere of The Juniper Tree, an opera written by Robert Moran and Philip Glass (yes, two composers!) It was real delight, and a delightful performance. After the concert, Moran and the librettist were interviewed onstage by John Schaeffer (not dressed for success - but for radio still, lol!) I have to say, Bob was in fine form and his typical feisty self.

Then last night I was in Philadelphia, catching a rehearsal with the Choral Arts Society and the Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia in what will be a world premiere this weekend of Roxanna Panufnik's Love Abides. It was excellent to hear her music and meet her. (You may know I consider her father, Sir Andrzej Panufnik, the greatest composer of all time. I have to say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.)

Tonight I'll interview Roxanna for Composing Thoughts and be back for the premiere Saturday night.

Tomorrow night is Concertante at Suba, playing a preview of their concert Saturday. Come one, come all!

No comments: